BC Race Cars is an established race winning team in the SCCA Trans Am national series, and we are looking to find a suitable candidate to fill a #1 mechanic position. Or, an individual that can be trained to suit the position.
We are located in Cavan, Ontario; 1 hour north-east of Toronto. BC Race Cars specializes in the production and preparation of tube frame racing cars and components. We race full time in the SCCA Trans Am series and have a significant presence in the Canadian club racing scene. As such, the position will involve significant travel to the US and Canadian weekend work of up to 17 weekends thru the year.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in motorsports as a background, or has an understanding of the dedication and time this career requires.
Requirements as follows:
– knowledge of automotive mechanical systems
– knowledge of basic 12v electrical systems
– knowledge of hand tools
– relevant previous work experience
– ability to work for long periods, standing, prone, seated, etc.
– ability to cross the Canada/US border, valid passport with no past, pending, or current charges under the Canadian Criminal Code.
– reliable personal transportation to and from the workshop in Cavan, Ontario
– adherence to strict timelines and the ability to work under extreme pressure when required
Previous experience in motorsports and fabrication of tube frame racing cars is considered and asset. Anything further will reflect well.
The position in question will report to the manager and/or the team owner. Duties include, but are not limited to:
– repair and preparation of tube frame racing cars
– track support of racing cars
– loading and unloading the truck and trailer before, during, and after race weekends
– maintaining shop equipment, and team equipment
– any and all other duties required in the daily operations of the team
Interested candidates can provide a resume and CV to Blaise Csida, team owner.